Do you ever think about graphic design? Without consciously realizing, we are surrounded with graphic designs that come in all different shapes, sizes, and styles. It is everywhere! Look around you, and you will realize just how much graphics design follow you in simple daily activities, for example; reading your newspaper while you eat breakfast, all those posters you see, info-graphics, book covers, product labels, logos, business cards, signs, website layouts, mobile apps, software interfaces, and it’s just the beginning.
What is Graphic Design?
Graphic design is an art; a practice of planning and projecting ones ideas and experiences through the use of visual and textual content. In simple words, it is the process of visual communication and problem-solving through the use of typography, photography, and illustration. It is combining symbols, images and text to form visual representations of ideas and messages. Graphic designers use typography, visual arts and page layout techniques to create visual compositions. Graphic design is generally used for: corporate design (logos and branding), editorial design (magazines, newspapers, and books), way-finding or environmental design, advertising, web design, communication design, product packaging, and signage. Graphic design also helps the producer connect with the consumer. It shows the message of the project, event, campaign or product. The typography and pictures are used to meet users’ particular needs and focus on the logic of displaying elements in interactive designs to optimize the user experience.
This kind of communication with customers is universal among companies to promote and sell products through advertising. Using websites to convey complicated information in a clear way through info-graphics. Businesses can also turn to graphic design to develop an identity through branding, among other things.
Graphic design elements
It is important to have an understanding of the elements and principles that make up the graphic design.
These elements (mentioned above) are used in conjunction or opposition with each other to create visually striking and effective designs. Graphic designers also use features design like balance, emphasis, movement, pattern, repetition, proportion, rhythm, variety and unity. Understanding how and when to use certain elements and principles are essential to good design.
Most popular graphic design trends nowadays:
- Multiple brand colour schemes – If you want to be visible you must use a ton of unique and vibrant colour schemes.
- Colour gradients help to create one of a kind and memorable brand logo or texture.
- Better branded social media images making your visitors or customers wanting to stay on your website.
- Unconventional, risky colours to make your graphic design more interesting.
- Bold & handwritten fonts to make your web design more unique and eye-catching.
- More custom illustrations keep away from cookie-cutter graphics and try custom icons and illustrations.
- GIFFS should be more branded.
- Cinemagraphs to add some classy touch to your design project.
- Duotones combining of two colours on an image, usually using very bright or contrasting colours making your graphic design unique.
Free graphic design websites:
Graphic design is a very interesting topic to look into if you are starting your own business. It is very important to create an original and unique logo or web design. Creating an interesting design to impress your visitors or audience will lead them to return to your website. If you still have your doubts and need professional help just contact us! we are here to help you.